BUILT IN SECURITY FOR YOUR BOAT
If you are buying or selling a boat you need to know about BOATCODE, a unique hull identification numbering system.
The Hull Identification Numbering system (also called a BOATCODE) provides a unique numbering system that makes it easy to identify each vessel.
It helps to deter vessel theft and assist in the recovery of stolen vessels.
Broken Bay Boat Sales is your local NSW Maritime Authorised BOATCODE Agent – we can affix a HIN to your vessel or validate existing HIN.
WHEN IS A BOATCODE REQUIRED:
– new vessels before registration
– second-hand vessels prior to transfer or registration
– when the second-hand vessel is being registered for the first time
HOW DOES BOATCODE WORK:
– Make an appointment with us to have a new BOATCODE plates affixed to your vessel or you’re your existing numbers validated.
– You will need to complete the BOATCODE application form provided by us, show proof of identity, proof of purchase and pay the prescribed fee
– Then it’s simply a matter of taking your pink copy and registration papers, drivers licence and receipt of purchase to a Services of NSW office so that your BOATCODE can be recorded.
PLEASE CONTACT US ON 0408 248 897 to make an appointment.